Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Soo very blessed...

This past week has been such an incrediable blessing for me in so many ways. My sister-in-law, Alison gave birth to her little girl on wed (Oct 10th). She is soo beautiful, and has the most perfect little features! What a blessing Elizabeth Lee Juroe is to the family.
With such a great event happening, Alison wanted to make sure her older child (Christian..who is 2 years old) was not left out and felt like Elizabeth was an addition to the family instead of "taking his place." Alison even bought a toy trash truck so it could be a gift from Elizabeth to Christian...I thought that was such a great idea. Alison is such a great mom! John and I had the honor of taking care of Christian all weekend...on Saturday we took him to his daycare's field trip to the pumpkin patch. We rode on tracker rides, walked through corn mazes, and picked out a little pumpkin. We also took Christian to "Build-a-bear" where he picked out and made a puppy named "Spot." On Sunday, we took Christian to church and spent the afternoon with him. What a blessing to be able to take care of a child...to know that they trust you, rely on you, and love you. I had such a good weekend.
The highlight of the week though was that Alison asked John and I to be Christian's Godparents....all I can say is that I am blown away and feel so blessed and grateful. We love our little nephew sooo much. God has truly granted us a gift.
All in all, life is soo good right now. There are not enough words to express the feelings, just plain happiness.

1 comment:

...:::aNa baNaNa:::... said...

Awww, how sweet!!! I agree, being asked to be a Godparent is pretty amazing!! It has always been an honor for me. I baptized my first Godson when I was 13 years old?!! Not only is that very special to me because he was my first, but also because I was sooo young and my aunt and uncle choose ME to baptize their first born!! ='o}