Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My newest adventure...





Tonight I finally did something that I have been wanting to do for years...I am sponsoring a 2 year old girl (Emannuelly) that lives in Brazil. I have always wanted to sponsor a child that needs help financially, etc. She is so cute! I get to write to her, and her family will write back until she is old enough to write back herself. I get pictures, school progress reports and health information. It's amazing how just a little bit of your own money and a little of your time goes a long way for such a less fortunate family. The organizaton (as I'm sure many will recognize from their famous tv commericals) has been around since the 1930's. So I have a lot of faith and trust in them and what they stand for.

If any of you have had thoughts of wanting to help a little child from another country have a better chance of surviving in such harsh conditions, check out: www.christianchildrenfund.org

It warms my heart to think that this little girl as well as the many other sponored children now have a better chance of having a healthier future :)

1 comment:

ruth said...

that sounds just like me ive allways wanted 2 sponsor a child all my friends have 1 but i dont and i want 2 get job so i can sponsor a child with my own money my mum thinks its a good idea ive all ways liked kids so i want 2 work at an ABC centre.
thanks lindsey