Tuesday, June 13, 2006

You are my Sunshine, my Only Sunshine



Sunshine "Sunnie" Shasta Tart 1994-2004

On Sunday (Father's day, 18th) it will be 2 years since I had to put my dog, Sunshine to "sleep." I still miss her all the time. Most people would think this is crazy but I had her cremated so when I die, she could be buried with me. Her body (cremated) is in my room in a wooden box. This dog stuck right by me through various moves and through various illnesses especially when I became paralyzed from Guilian-Barre Syndrome....she stuck right by me. I will never forget the night before we had to put her to sleep (due to cancer) she stuck her head out of the incubator the vet had her in just to lick (kiss) me on my face...I believe it was a good-bye.
I would always sing this to her, especially when she got sick:
"You're my Sunshine, my only Sunshine. You make me happy, when skies are grey. You'll never know dear, how much I love you. So, please don't take my Sunshine away"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I miss her too, and she will always be there for you she just has a different view now! We will always miss sunny

Anonymous said...

Sunnie was a very lovable dog and a faithful friend. We all miss her.
Love,
Nonna

...:::aNa baNaNa:::... said...

OMG....you made me cry!! ='o( How touching...